Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 25: Myungdong Station

Today I browsed through Myungdong Station, which has little shops within the subway station. There are at least two independent Kpop shops, which can be easily found just by walking around. I went to one that has fan goods that aren't tacky, such as Kpop student name tags for 1,000₩, lightsticks, faux leather bands, beaded jewelry and phone caps for 7,000₩. Inside, there are many Kpop albums and other official goods, such as DVDs and photobooks. I was surprised that this store still has several copies of the first press edition of L's Bravo Viewtiful 2! Also in the Infinite section, there were packets of IU&Infinite Elite mini posters for 10,000₩. Also there were slogan towels, and I found an official Infinite Man in Love era one for 15,000₩!
I ended up buying the Infinite phone cap, which has the Be Mine era logo, the Elite poster set and the slogan towel!
I couldn't help myself and visited these shops again. One shop had a large selection of T-money cards (cards used for public transportation and more) with idol photos lamenated on top! Sadly they are 10,000₩ each while regular T-money cards at convenient stores are 3,000₩. Also this shop had one copy of the first press of L's Bravo Viewtiful Part 1! And also there were Infinite collection card packs sold individually for 3,500 Won each; I was so tempted to buy them to complete my rares...I ended up buying a Myungsoo T-money card and his photo essay book, just so I could complete my postcard collection (review to come).

So in all, while Kpop can be found all over Seoul, I suggest Myungdong Station for more collectible, official merchandise, as well as hard to find first press editions, as well as pretty fan goods (meaning they don't exploit faces, but rather just have the logo and is more so simplistic and doesn't scream out fangirl). Next time I'll have to check out that other store in hopes for more rare Infinite merchandise.

No comments:

Post a Comment