Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 16: The Brilliant Motor Festival K-Pop Concert in Songdo Experience

The Korean Speed Festival/Brilliant Motor Festival takes place this year in Songdo, Incheon from July 4th to 6th (it was postponed due to the Sewol accident).
On the 5th, there is also a Kpop concert scheduled from 7 to 9PM! The lineup included Akdong Musician, Girls' Day, Infinite and DJ Doc.
Tickets are free, but my Korean friend helped me to get a mobile ticket first through some online registration, which I then traded in at the festival for two wristbands (one for me, and one for a guest). We arrived at the venue (which was about a two hour bus and subway ride from Sinchon) at 4:45PM and surveyed the scene.
The entire center section was already filled with umbrella tents, and therefore fangirls, but we were able to find a cozy spot to the car right close to the fence. This was the view I had of the stage. There is also a small extension in the center, and three large screens. There was also a large screen displayed outside of the main gate, for those who couldn't enter the venue.
With two hours to kill, more and more people started to fill the area. Some time later, the MC had an interaction with the audience, asking two questions relating to the Kpop performances tonight. At around 6:15PM, the screens showed the racing special of Infinity Challenge. Eventually many policemen arrived in front of the gate and sat cross-legged, about a yard apart from each other.

At around 7:10PM, the show finally started! Akdong Musician came out from the left side and started off with "200%." They then spoke to the audience and people in the center started standing up...I think she told people to stand up or something,but then the police told them all to sit back down. They performed four more songs, including "Give Love." I haven't listened to Akdong Musician before, but I definitely like their funky, yet gentle, kind of music.

Next was Girls' Day, who also performed four songs. Most of their dancing was them on the floor, so I honestly couldn't see them much. At one point they also stepped onto the extension. Directly after their act, many fans were satisfied and left the venue, allowing Inspirits for a better view!

And then...Infinite's "Last Romeo" blasted while their intro video played on screen! Everyone then suddenly stood up and police told us to sit back down, which some did, but eventually we all stood back up again! Then Infinite walked on stage from the left, wearing their white lace outfits (that I had predicted and wanted!) and they jumped straight into performing "Last Romeo!" Of course, they sound perfect performing live. After "Last Romeo," the MC came out and introduced Infinite, and each member stepped forward and introduced himself. Woohyun did aegyo (as the MC commented on) and Sunggyu distinctly laughed "hahahaha!" Then they performed "Memories!" While Girls' Day only performed  dance numbers and hits, I'm so happy Infinite performed a non-main track! At certain parts, Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Myungsoo came to the far right side!

When Sungyeol was up on the screen, Myungsoo was on the right side of the stage and kept staring at Yeollie on screen in awe for a long time...Myungyeol is just too cute!
Afterwards they performed "Nothing's Over" and at the end, as always, Myungyeol (on the right side of the stage, like OGSLA) made a heart! There was one more talk time, saying that the last song would be "Be Mine." Directly after, Infinite quickly went off stage. Woohyun was of course the last member off, doing fan service (as the MC commented on again).

I had recorded Infinite's entire appearance, which lasted just over 19.5 minutes, with one hand and took photos with the other hand. I ended up with a out-of-focus video and blurry photos...now I know that I should just take one good video and just take screenshots later...oddly enough, after Infinite's act finished, I didn't have post concert depression like from OGSLA; I think it's because I (wishful thinking) know that I'll see Infinite again while in Korea, whereas in LA, I knew they were leaving for good. I'll post up photos and screenshots of my fancam soon.

After Infinite's performance, DJ Doc performed. But many fangirls, including myself, left right after. Out of the main gate, many fangirls were heading towards the cars to see Infinite leave, but I think they had already left. At the subway station right next door, two rows of policemen formed so we had to walk by them to enter the station. And from here, we had a fantastic view of the main gate's live screen of DJ Doc, and we could hear the performance very clearly from the station.

I am so thrilled to have been able to see Infinite again! At OGSLA, I was so starstruck that I didn't feel in-the-moment and just took photos, but this time, I took a video and really saw Infinite. Though come to think of it, I didn't really get to see Sunggyu. Oh, and Dongwoo and Hoya have natural dark hair color again! Hopefully this is the concept for the upcoming repackaged album. Also it's so wonderful to see Woohyun's left arm functioning! I hope it has fully recovered! And seeing Myungsoo's cute haircut in person was too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment